Tis the season for colds, congestion and flu. As a mom of three I have NO time to be sick. Even if I do get sick the opportunity to curl up in bed under the covers watching Netflix isn’t an option most times.
I don’t really remember how this soup became about except for that my kids began calling it ‘Sick Soup’ a couple years ago when I made it each time one of us was sick. Really its just our own version of chicken noodle soup. The great thing about chicken noodle soup is that its proven to reduce congestion and inflammation in the body, and on top of it this recipe is just amazing.
Chicken Broth (Sophia loves lots of broth so we usually use two boxes)
Rotisserie Chicken Fully cooked
Chopped Celery, White Onion, and Shredded or Chopped Carrots (Quick TIP: I always go to the produce section and buy these pre-cut)
Reames Frozen Egg Noodles (THESE ARE THE KEY NOODLES!!! I can not eat this soup with out these Noodles!)
Sriracha for seasoning (secret ingredients)
- Put about 2 tablespoons of broth in a large pan and add in all veggies, cook for a couple minutes and let simmer until a little soft.
- While vegetables are simmering pull apart chicken into small pieces
- Add remaining broth and pulled apart chicken into broth with veggies
- Bring to a boil and add noodles and cook according to the package.
- Serve immediately (salt and pepper to taste) and add a bit of siracha to give it a kick and give that congestion a bigger kick!