I love when I get grand recipe ideas that come to life in my head and then we I actually do them they turn out AMAZING! These mini salmon burgers do not disappoint!
For some reason I’ve been craving salmon burgers. I remember my mom making them as a kid and I believe she used oats. I ran to Whole Foods to see if they had any pre-made but all the options included cheese and I’m attempting this no dairy thing lol.
I’m in the begging phases of running my own test group on myself. As an accountability coach I want to make sure I’m holding my own self accountable to taking care of myself. This includes NUTRITION. So not only are these good but they are pretty darn healthy too.
The entire thing took me about 15 minutes to create and make, which for this Selfish Momma was perfection. Max my 7 month old ate two. Recipe below, enjoy and your welcome. 🙂
1 Can of Salmon (I used a big can if you can only find the little ones use two)
1/2 Diced Red Onion
1/4 Cup of Bread Crumbs (this can be made paleo by subbing this out completely or using a substitute).
Salt and Pepper to taste
Siracha because I’m a kick with it these days and put it on everythannng! (optional)
- Put everything in a big bowl and mix it all up. I like to mix it all up and then mash it all to the bottom of the bowl to make sure its sticking like I want.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop out patties and set aside on wax paper or a plate.
- Spray pan with Coconut or olive oil and set to high heat until the pan is warm, turn down heat to medium/high before placing the mini burgers on.
- Cook 3-4 minutes each side. The outside should be a little crispy
- Put toppings on or put on little buns whatever you want! We love it by itself with a spicy kick to it. Should make about 10 mini salmon burgers.
I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I did. I’ll be adding them to my healthy meal plans that I’ll be sharing with my accountability clients in the coming weeks!
Happy Friday & Happy Cooking!