I know what your thinking there…
“That sounds absolutely disgusting. Who would ever think to ruin nachos like that.”
Gimme a chance here though because #nachosarelife and although a big ol pile of nachos are great sometimes, I love nachos and want to eat them more. These are healthier, tasty and super quick and easy to make!
What you need:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut up, not diced ( I actually just buy a bag or two of cauliflower – so much easier!)
- Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- Olive Oil or avocado oil
- Your nachos fixings! The possibilities are endless people! I like: cheese, guac (duh), black olives, pickled jalapeños, and pico de gallo.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees and line a baking sheet or pie dish with parchment paper.
- Place all the cut up cauliflower in a large ziplock back. Add a couple drizzles of oil about 1/2 tablespoon and 1Tbs of taco seasoning. Close bag and shake making sure it gets spread easily.
- Place seasoned cauliflower in pan and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven add Cheese and any meat bake for another 5-7 minutes until cheese is just how you like it. I like my cheese super melted and a little crispy.
- Take out and add the rest of your toppings and boom – You got some healthy nachos!
These are a perfect addition to any Friday night family movie night. They feel like a huge cheat and are still pretty healthy since your omitting the greasy tortilla chips and replacing with veggies!
Let me know if you try them and what you think!
Happy Friday Mommas!