I’m excited about this post for multiple reasons. Part of what I want to teach my Selfish Mom clients is the important of making sure we take care of ourselves each day. That includes nutrition! I know there are so many nights where I cook multiple meals and by the time I’m finished I’m exhausted, HANGRY, or maybe worse I’m not even hungry because I’ve picked and snacked on everyone else’s food. This took my about 10 minutes. I didn’t have to be super hands on. Besides cracking an egg you can do this with one hand…I know because I had Max on my hip. 🙂
I’ve tried this recipe about 20 times and I think THINK I’ve finally perfected it with some of my own twists and short cuts. It was amazing and this will 100% be put in my rotation for easy lunches or super fast dinners.
My first tip is to buy pre riced cauliflower. I think my attempt to be a “Pinterest” gal always gets the best of me and I can never quite get this step down. No shame in my game and hey I just saved myself some serious heartache AND time!
*This recipe is for one serving only but super easy to duplicate if you need to!*
What you need:
1 Cup of riced Cauliflower
1/2 Cup of mixed frozen veggies (I had green beans, peas, corn, and carrots)
Salt & Pepper to taste
(I added about 1/4 cup of shrimp to add protein but you can add whatever you want at the end or nothing at all)
- Heat pan or wok with 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil. When pan is hot add cauliflower and veggies. Season with Salt and Pepper. Cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes. While you wait whisk an egg in a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Give the veggies a little squirt of Braggs Aminos and give a quick stir to mix and move veggies to the outside of the pan along the edges.
- Take the whisked egg and slowly pour on the side with out veggies and scramble quick. (Might need two hands on this one)
- Once egg is scrambled mix with cauliflower rice and veggies and pour into bowl
- Add your protein of choice on top. I always like to add in some Sriracha because I think the world is a better place because of it 🙂
Mommas so easy am I right? I’ll be honest this has not been my favorite in the past but by cutting some corners and making this super easy it was so good! OMGeee am I becoming a good cook?! I dunno but I do know I feel good about making something different, something healthy, and just knowing that makes me feel good about my selfish self 🙂
Love to hear your thoughts when you try it! Hope your having an amazing Friday, stay warm!